Thursday, January 24, 2008

Two-by-two they go walking by



Jazz passed this on to me and suggested she made this choice because ‘I do what she tells me to do’ (Jazz is 'she who must be obeyed', just like Mrs. Rumpole). Anyway, it is January doldrums meme time so I will do what I was told. Doing so also allows me to save my planned blog on the Rise of the Medieval Hanseatic League until a later time. So, thanks, Lovely Jazz, and I’ll see what I can do with this Noah’s Ark reminiscent two-by-two thing.
Two names you go byIan and ‘Mr. Lidster’. The latter because I used to be a teacher. I have never been given a formal nickname. Although, a few have been applied to me by lovers and other strangers. Some are cute; others are absolutely not for polite and sensitive company.
Two things you are wearing right now – A beige sweater and an old pair of jeans.
Two things you would want (or have) in a relationship – Mucho romance and a lot of laughter. I have both.
Two of your favorite things to do – Read and travel (same as Jazz). If you thought I would write something really intimate and personal, I decided to refrain.
Two things you want very badly at the moment – To get inspiration for an article I’ve sold but not yet written, and to visit the john (morning coffee and probably TMI)
Two pets you had/have – Right now I have 18-year-old cat, Griffin, who is healthy since he spends 23 ½ hours sleeping each day. And I still miss my border collie, Murphy. There have been countless others, cats and dogs.

Two people you think will fill this out
cs because she’s good at these and has a pleasingly infectious view of life in all its parameters, and casdok because she has a wonderfully eccentric and funny take on life, regardless of the bad stuff that gets thrown in her direction.

Two things that you did last night – Watched a new episode of Law & Order (I still miss Lenny, however) and went to a Community Drug Strategy Committee meeting.
Two things you ate today – A boiled egg and a piece of toast..
Two people you last talked to – Joanne and Joanne, two baristas at my favorite coffee joint.

Two things you’re doing tomorrow – Interviewing some people about that article I am supposed to be writing right now rather than doing a meme.
Two longest car rides – I love going places, but I hate long drives. My ass gets sore. I suppose the Comox Valley to San Francisco (and back, needless to say), and last September’s trip down the Oregon Coast and up to Crater Lake, and back. I was surprised at the end of it the number of miles we’d chalked up.
Two favorite holidays – Groundhog Day and St. Swithin’s Day. No fuss and no muss, and you don’t need to send cards to anybody, and you don’t feel hurt if you didn’t get exactly what you wanted.
Two favorite beverages – Dark roast coffee and a good milkshake. There once were other choices, but that was then.
Two people no longer alive who you’d like to talk to – Like Jazz, I am not going to go for the exotic, and Attila the Hun and I wouldn’t speak the same language, anyway. So, I am going to say my beloved maternal grandmother who was hit and killed by a car when she was crossing the street, way back when I was 14. I still miss her. And, my father. Mainly, what I want to know is WTF with all his attitudinal stuff, and did he really hate his kids, or did he just not know how to express positive feelings? As I’ve gotten older I have come more to suspect that latter was the case. So, come on down, Dad. ‘Some’ is forgiven.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Casdok said...

Why thank you Mr. Lidster, I will think on this one!!

Your dad sounds like mine.

9:20 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

I like this one...may stash it away for another time.
Now! Back to work!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Hehehe...

I also didn't mention the unmentionables in the Favourite things to do question.

I changed what I was going to put to Travel just before I posted...

I'm a wuss.

9:53 AM  
Blogger kimber said...

Nice meme.... I may do this myself, because I need something a little lighter and happier in my blogworld, these days.

As for Lost, I'm of the tribe that got sucked in halfway through, and is consequently forced to buy the complete seasons and watch them all in one go. This leaves me unable to watch the current season (must not mess up the continuity!), and hence, I live in fear of learning something I don't want to know.

10:20 AM  
Blogger meggie said...

Interesting. I usually forget to do these things.

2:32 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I feel the same way about my father, and have begun to suspect that many people of that generation were emotionally constipated. The thing is, though, if you habitually suppress your feelings, eventually you are not able to access them at all.

And if you can't express them, you might as well be devoid of them.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

hiyah mister ian! just stopping by to say hello. great meme...i might have to try it. stop on over to my place any old time...we are still celebrating LOVE and all its many variations.

4:03 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Okay, I'll bite. It's a fun meme. But I have to do it after the weekend.

But I was wondering - are you really under the illusion that your readership constitutes "polite and sensitive company"? Ha!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I like the way random pieces of information about someone can give a more nuanced view of them.

If you hear from your dad, let us know.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

R.I.P. Jerry Orbach.

8:32 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

You always does these things so well Ian.
This is a much better meme than the household hints one I go tagged with today. Do I look or sound like Heloise? I don't think so!

11:09 PM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

like you, i miss 'lenny' as well :(

now that he's dropped outta the prez race south of the border, wonder what fred's up to?

fun meme, btw

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home