Tuesday, October 02, 2007

For me? Oh, no, you shouldn't have

Wise, artistic, creative, funny, and possessed of an especially unique gift -- in that she, like cs, can talk about a child and make you actually want to meet that child -- fellow blogger Tanya has accorded me an award. I feel honored to get this, especially from her.

Anyway, according to the award, I received it for my ability to make her smile. I think that's about the highest praise a person can get. One can be a leader of industry, a head-of-state, a military poohbah, or accomplished in other areas, but if that person is lacking in humor, he or she is of less interest to me.

I love people who make me smile, or laugh. The world is a dreadful place in so many respects, but if our survival depends on anything, it may be a sense of humor, even when everything falls apart around us. Humor is God's greatest gift for our survival.

My best friends in life have always been people I can laugh with. My oldest friend (whom I wrote of a while ago) and I used to get on rolls and laugh until tears were running down our cheeks. My brother and I are the same.

I especially love women with a sense of humor and fun. One reason I know why this marriage is good is that we make each other laugh, often. That was my initial attraction to her, aside from her obvious accoutrements. The same applied to my second wife. She had a great wit, despite a lot of negatives.

So, in keeping with the theme of women who make me smile, I am going to select female recipients of this award. Many of you make me smile, but I have to be arbitrary here and choose five who are guaranteed to make me amused with their wit and wisdom. They are: Jazz, Geewits, Voyager, Heart in San Francisco, and Angela.

I hate making such choices, by the way, because virtually everybody on my list would qualify at diiferent times. So, if you are chosen, you may, or may not as you choose, select some worthy recipients of your own.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger CS said...

Congratualtions again! I think you posted this while I was going back through and trying to catch up after my break.

9:36 AM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Ian, thank you so much. (I'm smiling here.) You are too kind.

You so deserve each and every one of your awards, some of which, including this one, I hadn't seen until they appeared on your site.

The hardest part is in choosing from among so many wonderful people whose blogs I read regularly and who, as you stated, all qualify at different times.

10:10 AM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Okay, I passed it on. Whew. Now I get to scowl for the rest of the day.

12:08 PM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

yup, you do bring out the smiles and ponderings, so grats are in order for this new award....

12:37 PM  
Blogger Voyager said...

Thank you Ian, like you I think there are few greater satisfactions than knowing I've made someone smile, or laugh. You sure deserve the title of funny bone tickler.
V.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Congratulations. And thanks so much for the award. I am honoured. But I'd sort of have to send it right back at you. Can I do that?

8:11 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Congratulations again Ian! This is one award you definitely do deserve.

9:24 AM  
Blogger jmb said...

Congratulations Ian. You don't only make me smile you often make me laugh. I thank you for that.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home