Friday, August 10, 2007

Here's just one tiny thing that makes me tick

A while ago I was asked to submit to a blog interview. Somebody out there likes my blog, which is touching and moving and well, darn near brings a tear to my eye. Actually, I don't have a clue as to whether is was an honor, or not. But, I did the on-line interview and felt OK about it.

After a career that has involved interviewing others and asking them awkward questions about their careers, why they're such political or business weasels, if it really isn't true about the 17-year-old mistress, or if they have indeed stopped beating their wives/husbands (or both, in some cases), I thought it might be interesting for that proverbial shoe to be on the other foot. No outrageous questions were asked, and there is hardly anything salacious therein, but if you want to know some of my motivations, you can see them there.

Anyway, if you are interested, you can check it out at:
http://bloginterviewer.com/humor/or-so-i-thought-ian-lidster

Also, could you please vote for my blog. If you do, I will be eligible for huge cash prizes in excess of millions, and I will gladly share.

Now, longtime blogger and computer-user that I am, I am also a technical putz. If any of my cherished readers know how to insert the logo above on my blog page as an ongoing icon (I have a few others I'd like to insert, too, then I would love to know.

Anyway, don't forget to vote, if you are so inclined. And, may you all have a good weekend.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger meggie said...

I have voted for you Ian. I really enjoy your posts. And the tip I was given for getting those things onto your blog is to right click on it, then save to someplace, where you can then click & drag it to your actual blog or sidebar. I had great difficulty, but got it eventually.
I used to have the same template you have now, & I found it harder than the one I have changed it for now.
None of that probably makes sense- hope it does.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Actually, Meggie, it makes a lot of sense and I'll give it a try. I appreciate it, and thank you for your vote. I really enjoy your posts as well.
Cheers,
Ian

7:55 PM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

Congrats on your interview. Hope you win the millions or gazillions. ;)

11:13 PM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

grats on the award, ian

i have no clue about what you asked about, i had a friend set up my stuff, then i changed the colors and size... meggie's suggestions seem good

hope you win a few gazillion!

4:32 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Congrats and good luck...I too voted and commented

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Ian,

Thanks for the interview. It looks like you're getting a lot of support from your readers. Good luck.

Mike
BlogInterviewer.com

10:40 AM  
Blogger Groanin' Jock said...

You certainly get my vote for the award, looking forward to sharing your millions ;-)

If you're still having trouble getting the logo onto your page permanently, drop me an email at groaninjock@bigfoot.com and I can send you a step-by-step guide on how to do it.

11:16 AM  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

all i know is you go to "settings", or is it "layout" click on add page element and follow instructions. But you might need a widget or is it wiglet.

well, anyway, congrats on your interview. i will check it out in a minute.

do me a favour please. refer people to my Blog, i want people to know about Landmark; people need to know what they are getting themselves into BEFORE they fork over the $200 non-refundable deposit. Thanks.

cheers for now,
pj

2:42 PM  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

p.s. i registered my "Thumbs-Up" vote for you, Ian.

cheers
pj

2:46 PM  
Blogger heiresschild said...

you'd better believe i'll vote for you ian. you and your blog are so deserving of it.

the new blogger makes everything so easy. you just go to "dashboard," click on "layout," click on "add a page element," and choose which "page element" you want to use, enter the "http code" or "html code," that you'll be using and hit save. you can interchange the order of the elements by dragging. i hope this doesn't sound complicated because it's really simple and easy. if you need further help, just ask and i'm there for the helping.

ok, on my way to vote for you and read your interview. congrats again.

3:49 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

I voted for you too Ian, although I am in competition with you myself!
Did you notice that you have to give three URLs at the end of the interview? That's how they get their contacts to invite to fill in the form.
The ideal is to insert an icon into the sidebar so that when it is clicked it will take you to the post. Meggie's method only inserts an image with no link.
If you don't get the info from groanin'jock, I can help you with it. It involves inserting html code (not as complicated as it sounds) into the sidebar, via adding a page element.
If I can do it you can. You can see I have put the voting icon into my sidebar.
regards
jmb

9:53 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

I suddenly noticed that your sidebar seems unusually narrow in this template. I hope it works.
regards
jmb

9:56 PM  
Blogger Belizegial said...

Ian, have you upgraded to the new template layouts as yet?

It is much easier to make the changes as is described by Heiresschild.

I am on my way to vote for you as well!

Happy weekend,
Enid

2:33 AM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Congratulations, Ian. Any awards you win are so well-deserved.

I see you got the icon into your sidebar. It gets easier, really.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home