Friday, July 13, 2007

Hey -- I've gone snorkeling at that beach

I pilfered this from my friend Geewits, and felt it was an ideal Friday blog. It’s not too challenging, a bit thought-provoking and also leaves me the time to do the things I have to do, the places I have to go and the people I have to see. It's just some categories with which to fill in the blanks. So, this is how I feel, this Friday the 13th of July in the Year of Our Lord 2007:

5 Things I wish to do before I die

1. Go back to the South Pacific
2. Go back to Europe
3. Visit my oldest friend, John, and his lovely wife, Joy in Australia
4. Have a book published
5. Be utterly at peace with myself and my circumstances

5 Things I can do

1. Make the best potato salad you ever had
2. Make somebody I love laugh
3. Express my need for creativity in a number of realms
4. Help people in times of crisis or distress
5. Flirt in a non-sleazy way

5 Things I cannot do

1. The splits
2. Climb mountains (acrophobia)
3. Surf (and I’d love to be able to)
4. Scuba (see surf)
5. Tolerate cruelty to either people or animals

5 Things that attract me to the opposite sex

1. Sense of humor
2. A naughty mind and mouth
3. Intelligence
4. Irreverence
5. A great ass. Sorry, but I had to have at least one smutty item

5 Celebrity crushes
(I am much more inclined to get crushes on real people, who shall remain always nameless, but the category calls for celebrity crushes. It doesn’t specify living or dead.):

1. Kathryn Erbe (of L&O Criminal Intent)
2. Mary Louise Parker
3. Deborah Harry of Blondie
4. Lisa Kudrow
5. The late and eternally ravishing Lee Remick (I wanted to work Bewitched’s Liz Montgomery into the mix, too, but ran out of slots)

Anyway, that is me in a tiny way. Feel free to do your own. It's not only fun, but you'll find it challenging to narrow down

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger laughingwolf said...

little as i know of you, they all fit the general impression i have :)

the 'celebs' did through me, though

1:34 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Not challenging? I think it's extremely challenging.
All very interesting except I don't know who your celebrity crushes are, save Lee Remick.
I must love under a rock.
regards
jmb

9:47 PM  
Blogger Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi Ian,
Very nice game to play. Makes you do some introspection to come up with genuine answers. Self revealing too.

Thanks for the thought provoking post. I enjoyed it.

God bless you with all the things you're wishing for.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

Elizabeth Montgomery was beautiful, wasn't she??

4:56 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

"5. A great ass. Sorry, but I had to have at least one smutty item"

LOL I guess that counts me out!

Have a great weekend..That was a fun read.

5:16 AM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

...uh, make that 'throw' ;) lol

what was i thinking? hahahahaha

5:24 AM  
Blogger heiresschild said...

i'm a potato salad connoisseur.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

You can't do the splits? Well for shame! LOL.
Enjoyed your writing as always Ian.

8:54 AM  
Blogger CS said...

5. Be utterly at peace with myself and my circumstances - That's one of those things that you can experience in a moment-by-moment way. I wonder if it is even possible to have that sense full-time?

5:51 PM  
Blogger CS said...

Here's another thing to do before you die: go pick up the award that waits for you here!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

Hmmm, who DOESN'T have a crush on Kathryn Erbe, that's what I want to know.
Truth be told, I'd probably put Nigella Lawson in there, but Kathryn is great, too.

11:04 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Nice list!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Sam!! said...

Hi there,

Well its my first visit at your blog and I get to know much about you through this post :)

I pray that all your wishes come true, besides an interesting list...

Take care

12:32 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Things you can't do: I can't do any of those either.

Things that attract you to the opposite sex: Scarily the same. Nothing in the world like a tight male ass. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

12:20 PM  
Blogger dragonflyfilly said...

HEY, i know that beach too!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home