Friday, February 01, 2008

Aw shucks, once again

From cs at Another Tangential Thinker I was just very kindly granted another award. Such an honor to think that she believes I have some smattering of blogging excellence, since she surely does.

The description of the award is "I love being a part of the blogging community and part of all the friendships that I've formed so I wanted to give a blog award for all of you out there that have Excellent Blogs. By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10.

So, because time presses I will arbitrarily pick my 10 Excellent blogs, although, if truth were known, I think everybody on my blogroll produces an excellent blog with amazing regularity. Of course, there are others not on my roll, and whom I visit with once in a while, who also do, so it’s all a bit of a conundrum. I love getting awards, but I hate narrowing down my nominees. If I don’t choose you, I’ll get you next time. OK?

My 10:

Dr. Deb: Deborah Serani offers not just clinical advice and suggestions, but she tempers it with a human and sensitive touch. If I needed to consult with a shrink and happened to be in NYC, I would head straight to her office.

Jazz: My favorite Montreal girl who is not only intelligent and highly witty, but also mounts periodic rants (against all the things I hate, too) that put my own to shame. If she wasn’t Big Brother’s sister, I’d swear she was my own.

Big Brother: Speaking of whom, blogging acumen obviously runs In the family, and this sibling offers perceptive insights into life that are eclectic, human and informative.

Voyager: My favorite redheaded girl is a busy one, and she doesn’t post a new blog with huge regularity, but when she does, she makes it worth the wait. Again, good blogging is all about insight and sometimes a slightly skewed (but realistic) worldview.

Andrea: I have sent other awards her way and she has deserved every one of them. If you aren’t familiar with her blog, do yourself a favor and make yourself familiar. You won’t regret it. Her artistry is superlative.

Dumdad: I just became recently connected with this longtime scribe who, originally from the UK, ultimately settled in Paris. Wretched, huh? He also has written for two of my favorite overseas newspapers, the Daily Telegraph and the Herald-Tribune in Paris.

Leslie: Another newcomer to my blogroll. I am very happy to have found her. Not only an insightful writer, but a superlative artist. We also happen to share certain perceptions in life, so my bias gravitates her way more often than not.

Geewits: I have been reading Geewits' blog for a long time and have always liked her views on various and sundry elements of life from politics, to entertainment, to relationships for us serial monogamists. She’s very thoughtful and often extremely funny is this lady from 'Big D.'

Wenderina: Another recent blogger contact and I have grown to like her insights immensely. Again an eclectic but insightful blogger. Just the sort I like. Have a look, you will too.

Lady Macleod: I found this lovely, creative, intelligent and infinitely cosmopolitan writer through jmb’s blog and I have never regretted her making a connection. She has lived ‘everywhere’ and currently resides in Morocco. She is also another great redhead, and to me that says a lot.


Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Congratulations Ian, and I shall check out all those wonderful sites you recommend.

10:42 AM  
Blogger geewits said...

Hey! I have red hair, too! Thanks for the award.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Big Brother said...

Thank ye kindly Ian, coming from a scribe like you that is high praise.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Leslie Hawes said...

OK.
My head is swelling like the errant dog kibble in the water bowl.

Thanks, Ian.

The link to my name has a comma where a dot should be, to make the link work. Just saying... :)

How immediately ungrateful can one girl be, huh???

3:43 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Congratulations! Must run off to meet some new people.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Big Brother said...

I don't know if I'm allowed but I also think you should get the award...

5:34 PM  
Blogger Christine Thresh said...

That kind of looks like the Enron E.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Synchronicity said...

i simply must visit all these excellent blogs!

stop by my blog sometime where love is still in bloom. do you remember your first kiss? come by to tell the story...

8:15 PM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Congratulations on your award!
Must check out the ones you have recommend, cheers.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Dumdad said...

Ian,

Many thanks for this award.

Awards are contagious and there is one awaiting you on my blog.

1:43 AM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

grats to you and your nominees, ian!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Hi Leslie. I made the necessary 'repair' to your link. Thanks for pointing it out.

And Dumdad, thank you, I am very grateful for the award.

7:16 AM  
Blogger andrea said...

Ian, you are a prince. And I am a scoundrel because I am so lousy at extending the awards and meme thing on my blog. I do, very much, appreciate it though.

8:17 AM  
Blogger jmb said...

Congratulations Ian, never too many awards for you, in my opinion. Most of your awardees I know but will check the others.

Lady Mac is a gorgeous redhead, as I can attest, but she's awfully quiet lately. Perhaps she's travelling.

Thanks for the link.

11:09 AM  
Blogger riseoutofme said...

Congratulations Ian! Well deserved!

1:57 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Congratulations on winning yet another well-deserved award, Ian.

It's always a pleasure to come by here.

11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you deserved it. We have a great deal of overlap on the blogs we enjoy, I see.

And, HEY! It's ME! Over here!

3:00 AM  
Blogger lady macleod said...

Congratulations to your own suave self sir, and I thank you for the nod (note curtsy). Your timing, as usual, is that of a true gentleman, and I thank you.

I shall gladly pass the award on and around the Blogsphere. We're getting to be very "Hollywood" aren't we? I suppose we could have a red carpet in Second World..

Thank you kind sir.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I am so touched by your sentiments, Ian.

11:45 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike cortez men
kyrie 4 shoes
nike air max 2019
russell westbrook shoes
yeezy supply
kobe 11
balenciaga shoes
vans outlet
golden goose
converse outlet store

4:29 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

nike lebron 16
golden goose sneakers
golden goose shoes
air jordan
curry 7
supreme hoodie
kyrie spongebob
lebron 18
kyrie 7
supreme new york

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home