Thursday, December 13, 2007

I hab a code id da dose

Don't you just hate intercoursing colds? I assume you do. Well, I am here to tell you that I have a coiting cold, and it's not a pretty scene.

I am sneezing; my nose is running; my sinuses are blocked and that vicious little virus is just working the most wondrous magic.

To top it off, mid-day I have to take a 4-1/2 hour train trip. I just want to go to bed, or laze on the sofa with the fire on and doze.

Now, my request to you all is that you feel very, very sorry for me because, believe me, this is a 'Man Cold' and MCs are noted for their severity and ability to render us normally virile and stalwart males whimpering, simpering pathetic creatures.

My other request is that you send me dozens of hugs and messages of sympathy. Oh, and chicken soup wouldn't hoit.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Oh, Ian. I hope you feel better soon. Your post was sweet and funny. I'm sure you've seen the "Man Cold" parodies on Youtube....if not, they are a must view. Rest, feel better and know we in the blogosphere are thinking of you.

10:15 AM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

I may not be the best at sympathy.. but am quite good at empathy. I have that very same cold! Except, of course, mine is not a man cold.

Just the same... I hope you are better right away!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Big Brother said...

Man Cold.... ughhh they're the worst.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

So you're the one who gave me this evil bug?

No sympathy here. This is all your fault.

1:30 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Oh God -- not another mancold. Make sure Wendy invites me to your funeral, K? :) (Get well soon.)

2:52 PM  
Blogger riseoutofme said...

You poor little bunny ... you should be much better in a week ... that is, of course, assuming that you survive it.

Man colds tend to be terminal, in this house, anyway.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Take care of yourself Ian - you don't want to be ill with Christmas just around the corner. As Dr Deb says, we are thinking of you.

6:38 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Cyber chicken soup on it's way!
Hugs & cheer germs, as well as health doses.

8:39 PM  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

*hugs*

hope you're feeling better soon. :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I hope the train ride isn't too unbearable, and that you feel better soon!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Casdok said...

A hot curry apprenlty helps!!And hugs of course! ((H))

12:43 AM  
Blogger jmb said...

There, there. Time will heal all, fortunately. Much sympathy and hugs but no chicken soup. It comes in a can at the store you know.

7:04 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Ian, I hope the cold is a couple of days better by now, & retreating fast.
I have given you an award, if you would like to come over to my blog to collect it.

1:02 PM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

sorry to hear that, ian! :(

two of my 3 kids are ill, also...

get well, soonest!

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home