Monday, April 21, 2008

Top 40, news, weather and sports

Beautiful downtown Grenoble

I got this from Liz at Los Angelista’s Guide, and I liked it. And since she, beautiful generous soul that she is, offered it up, I took it. So, as follows are 40 things about me. Seem to have been doing a lot of this sort of thing lately. Either I’ve gotten lazy, or I’m feeling blocked. Whatever. This one is fun. I recommend it.


What I was doing 10 years ago?

-Moving in with Wendy to her appealing little townhouse

-Sharing our accommodation for a weekend with two high-spirited girls from Up With People.-

-Slogging away at a small-town newspaper.


Five things on my to-do list today?

· Wait for Wendy to get here from Victoria

· Curse the rotten cold wintery weather we’ve been having this spring.

· Get back to a painting I’ve been avoiding.

· Get a good strong coffee from Starbucks and chat with the charming baristas.

· Do some reading.

Places I have traveled

· Hawaii

· The Cook Islands

- Across Canada

- Mexico

- The south of France and much of Europe

- The United Kingdom and Ireland

- San Diego

- Palm Springs

- Many others.

Five snacks or treats I enjoy:

· Hotdogs

· ice cream

· Reuben sandwiches

· watermelon

· French fries

Things I would do if I were a billionaire?

· Buy a lovely home on Kauai next to Tunnels Beach on the north shore

- Go on a round-the-world cruise

- Buy another place in Annecy, France

- Hire a chauffeur to drive the Bentley

- Create a fully-subsidized treatment centre for addicts based on Eric Clapton’s model of the same thing

· Write a lot, not caring if anything were to sell

Five of my bad habits

-Procrastination

-Feeling less than adequate

-Too flirtatious at times

.-Getting easily wounded

-Smoking. I smoke very little, but I’d rather not smoke at all

Five places I have lived

-Comox Valley

-Grenoble, France

- Victoria

-Vancouver

- Great Yarmouth, England

Five jobs I’ve had

-Secondary teacher

· Addictions counselor

· Reporter

· Editor

· Columnist

Actually, I came in at 41 things in this. Please forgive me for violating the rules. Give this a try; it’s a fun self-appraisal.


Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Dita said...

Ooooh, what a warm and inviting picture!

11:50 AM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

Did it! :)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Hermes said...

Mmmm, Reuben sandwiches. Saurkraut gives me chills.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Leslie Hawes said...

You don't have a driver for the Bentley????

6:23 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Isn't the weather something else?
How come you're avoiding a painting??
Can I be your next-door neighbor in Kauai? - I'm very quiet and keep to myself a lot.... :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

If you want to be even more vastly successful at flirting too much, give up smoking entirely.

I'm just trying to help.

7:44 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

I must be a voyeur because I love to read all about people via these memes!
Interesting as ever Ian.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Tai said...

I like me a good ol' hot dog too!

Cool meme and great answers, I may just pick this one up!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

I might try this, it seems one of the more interesting ones... Great Yarmouth?! not too far from where I come from further south in Suffolk... x M

3:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home