Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From them to me and from me to you



The wonderful Deb Sistrunk recently stroked and stoked my ego and flattered me greatly by granting me the Premio Dardos Award for my scratchings in this space. The award coming from her was immensely gratifying since I regard her as a consummate pro in the field of communications, so thank you, Deb.

What’s the Premio Dardos Award?Premio Dardos means “prize darts” in Spanish. It is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing.What do you do once you’ve received one?There are some rules to be followed.

• First, accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and link to his or her blog.

• Second pass the award to another 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Because I am a bit pressed for time today and also because I know some people don’t like being tagged, I am merely going to list those I think are worthy of the award and they may either accept or pass it on. OK?
Who are the next recipients? After giving it a lot of thought, I’ve chosen 15 bloggers, listed below in no particular order. If you wish to check them out all you need to do is refer to my blogroll.

· Dr. Deb Serani
· Jazz
· Voyager
· CS
· Heart in San Francisco
· Thailand Chani
· Andrea
· Merely Me
· Pearl
· Leslie
· Liz
· Dumdad
· Meggie
· Wolfgirl
· Lady MacLeod


Congratulations to these talented bloggers and again I could get on a roll and name virtually everybody on my personal list!

A new reader of my blog – or at least a new reader to bring it to my attentiont that she was a reader was ‘Down Under’ blogger Suziii. And she in her kindness gave me an award and I thank her profoundly for considering me worthy. She stated her choice this way:

“Was reading all my favourite blogs this morning and realised there are some blogs that I just have to read each day or at least each day that I log on; like a morning coffee they have become part of my morning ritual. There are probably a few dozen blogs I simply can't miss.”

Her premise was to go to the first five blogs she couldn’t miss each morning and to grant them this award. I won’t follow suit with this one because my five (and others) would be included in my initial list in this posting. So, if you were selected for the first award, please feel free to take this one as well.
I know it's very indolent of me to not make all the links here but, as I said, I am on a tight schedule today and I assure all of those listed that I will be notifying you. I don't think that's too much of a breach of protocal. But, if it is, then I guess we shall all have to live with it and move on from there.
BIG EMPTY SPACE FOR REASONS BEST KNOWN TO THE GODS OF BLOGDOM. I KNOW I DIDN'T ORDER IT UP!


















Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger andrea said...

No. Thank YOU.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Voyager said...

Thank you Ian! I too am pressed for time,still north of sixty working crazy hours. I'll attend to this soon.

V.

5:16 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Congratulations, Ian, and thank you so much for sharing the accolades with me.

I no longer post awards in my sidebar because of an unfortunate incident in which I lost my entire blog to the angry html gods, but it's most heartwarming to win such praise from YOU. Namaste.

5:38 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Congratulations Ian. I feel very flattered to get this award from you.
You know I always break the rules though, but I will post it.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Dumdad said...

Merci beaucoup, Ian! Much appreciated.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Leslie Hawes said...

Thank you, sir Ian.
My first impulse was to pull out a few pencils and doodle in that big blank space.
Not good for the monitor... still wiping away the scribbles...oh, dear me...

1:16 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Many thanks.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Many thanks.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. Such an impressive name for an award, too.

(Techie, note: When you get an unitentional blank space in a post, you can go back into html mode, put the curser at the bottom and delete back up to the last line.)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Warty Mammal said...

Your awards are well deserved. I, too, like to wake up with a little dose of Ian while I'm scratching the sand out of my eyes.

6:40 PM  
Blogger lady macleod said...

Thank you, you know I love presents! And congratulations to you for being a recipient. I shall post them both on my data page. Thank you.

6:01 AM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

Goodness, thank you! I haven't received a blog award in awhile and it's extra nice to have this one from you! :)

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home