Thursday, April 03, 2008

I think I need some of what is pictured below


I am at an impasse. This is just one of those moments in time that hits everybody who creatively attempts to make sense out of the known (and unknown) universe and then tries to explain such findings via the printed word, the paintbrush, a hammer and chisel, a blob of clay, or any other medium that may be utilized in this solitary calling.

Right now I am in a creative wasteland. I have a number of things I’d like to blog about, but they’re just not pulling together like I want them to. I have been busier than I’d like to be in the past number of weeks, and there have been other things happening as well. Good things, I might add and I’ll elaborate more on them later, but they say change is as good as a rest. Lies, all lies. Change is change, and positive change is as stressful as negative change. Just ask Dr. Hans Selye if you don’t believe me. Of course, you'd have to conduct a seance in order to ask him, since he is no longer around.

So, today I was going to write on a number of items. I had a couple of nanny state rants I wanted to indulge; nanny state stuff that sometimes makes me want to get some camouflage fatigues and head into the bush as a survivalist.

I was going to write about why I have never found overtly ‘out there’ (in every sense of the word) females, like Pam Anderson, Loni Anderson, Suzanne Sommers and others of that exhibitionistic female ilk to be sexy, whereas I find such women as Kathryn Erbe of L&O CI, the girl who plays Pam on The Office, and Sarah Michelle (Buffy) Gellar to be quite provocative.

I was going to tell you about my first ride in a hybrid car and how impressed I was by the smoothness and silence of it all.

And I was going to tell you how recent actions (and inactions) by the government of this province have left me with nobody to vote for in the next election, because I hate the other guys, too.

But, until such time as the words are flowing like water again in a few days, I shall refrain and just regroup a bit. You know how it goes. You’ve all been there.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger thailandchani said...

I don't find men or women who are considered to be "standard beauties" very appealing, either.

I have a particular taste in men, so to speak, and none of them would be in GQ. :)

Your nanny state rants should be good. Looking forward to them.

3:26 PM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

indeed... i'm still there, trying to recharge, but unsuccessful at it

my dearest friend was close to death on two separate occasions in the last week... now on recovery road... and i'm just a gibbering lunatic from worrying and lack of sleep

last nite i did manage 5 hours of shuteye, and another few hours of napping today, so i'm a bit more than a zombie now....

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure you actually refrained, just said it all succinctly.

I find the one thing all the men I've been attracted to have in common is that they are smart and funny. That's sexy to me.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

Yep, I think some of what's in the photo might just do the trick.

Until then ... I highly recommend whatever your favorite form of puttering is. Rearranging screws and nails in a parts cabinet is very mentally restful, as is sorting through one's socks and looking for ones with holes.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

I think it's the weather Ian - I had a half dozen things to do today and not a one of them worked out - was even thinking of a short hiatus from the blog for say a week and may still do that. I'm not short of ideas - just short of the ability to make something out of them. But am looking forward to your rants LOL

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

And we shall patiently await your return, like the groupies we are.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

And we shall patiently await your return, like the groupies we are.

5:54 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

I'm glad that you are just like the rest of us sometimes. At least when you get going again we will all be entertained once more, even by the rants.

Well you didn't find those females sexy because they are such extremes. Still I suppose someone does or did.

Enjoy the break.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Leslie Hawes said...

You could take to drinking heavily, and lying about in bed reading novels...

9:05 PM  
Blogger geewits said...

I wonder if riding in a hybrid car is something like your first sailboat ride after growing up in motorboats?

11:12 PM  
Blogger meg said...

Look forward to rants- I generally thoruoughly agree with your rants!
I have taken to posting less. Mainly to give time to other pursuits.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Dumdad said...

I think a certain lethargy is also to do with the time of year. It's spring here but the weather oscillates from the occasional sunny and warmish to downright bitter cold.

I actually felt a little better just looking at the photo you've posted. I love the sea and I love sandy shores. I love walking barefooted along dunes in T-shirt and shorts thinking about nothing much in particular.

Yes, I need some sun and lots of it and SOON!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Yes we have all been there.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Tai said...

Yeah, we've been there! Hopefully you manage to kick your way out of the eddy and make it back into the stream!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Yes, we've all been there, it's good to just switch off from time to time.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Yes, we've all been there, it's good to just switch off from time to time.

1:25 PM  
Blogger kimber said...

I could really use a secluded stretch of tropical shoreline myself, these days.... nonetheless, I'm looking forward to reading your regrouped thoughts, no matter how long it takes for you to regroup them.

2:39 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I think the most beautiful and provocative people are unusual-looking in some way and their appeal is more subtle than the women you mentioned.

Honesty is sexy. Fake boobs and collagen lips, in my opinion, are not.

That looks like Tahiti. I'll take it!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

That beach looks perfectly restorative. Yin/yang, dark/light, the tides go in and they go out. Too much of one means not enough of the other. Here's hoping for a wonderful regrouping time for you!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home