Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Polynesian pastiche of sorts

Du-u-u-ude!
Highly popular Poipu Beach not looking very popular that day


Old Koloa Town, a mecca of funk and the only remaining sugar town on Kauai



Surf's up!

There's a reason why Wailua-Kapaa is called the Coconut Coast

Now, for fear of becoming those tiresome friends or relatives who evoke cries of: "If they're going to show their %**&$#@ vacation slides again, I'm staying home!" I will make this my leave-taking of our recent trip to Kauai. I think you have the idea I enjoyed myself. So, it behooves me now to say "aloha" and "mahalo" to the subject and to move one with life. Sigh.



Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Dumdad said...

I haven't had a beach holiday for years so it's nice to be able to have one albeit vicariously. Merci beaucoup.

8:28 AM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

mojito! ;) lol

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yet, we'd have been disappointed if you'd posted none of them. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

I'd love to see more. Why don't you use one of the new blogger slideshow thingys and set one up for those interested to view!

1:50 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

I did enjoy your photos Ian.

4:18 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

Uh-oh -- I think I've become one of those tiresome friends. But it's easier now -- you can just leave my blog! :) Looks like you had a nice time.

7:34 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Poor you, all that lovely surf and sand.
I miss the beach more than anything about Australia but I never could go there in my youth because I got burned to a cinder. Thank goodness for PABA now.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Duuuuude!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Well Du-u-u-ude you're looking quite fine on that lovely sandy beach behind you which looks so darn warm and inviting on this miserably wet day :)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Tanya Brown said...

I want more photos. I don't have time to sail to Hawaii and flying is hell these days, so your photos are one of the few ways I have to "get out".

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home