Wednesday, September 19, 2007

'NICE" -- Moi???

A while ago Big Brother accorded me a 'nice' award. I was, of course, hugely appreciative as I am infinitely pleased by all honorifics that might come my way. So, whether or not I deserve it, I shall cherish it and, of course, post it in my sidebar.

But, as is the case with all such matters, there is a price that goes along with the ego-boosting reward, and that is to choose five others equally deserving. In that, of course, I think I should define 'nice' as I understand the meaning of the word. Nice isn't always a positive, as a matter of fact, as when Oliver Hardy used to say to Stan Laurel, "Here's another nice mess you've gotten us into."

But, I'll assume we are looking for nice in another realm; a more positive realm. In my definition of nice I include positive thoughts, uplifting passages, provocative meaning, humor, honesty and a host of other considerations.

Big Brother has already included a number of recipients of this award that I too would have selected, but there are sufficient others on my list that I could easily find five or twenty-five, so no problem.

Here is the five I have chosen:

Heartinsanfrancisco: She is a kind of favorite soulmate of mind and we find our minds click in similar realms with great regularity. And, she is a west-coaster and regardless of the border between our two nations, the simpatico is there.

aliemalie: This terribly smart and well-traveled young Texan keeps me honest and allows me to see the world through her eyes that happen to be both tender and sophisticated.

Janice: My favorite poet/artist. Her haikus and other lyrical, pastoral musings are created at a prodigious rate and they are invariably gems. I go to Janice daily for my time of sweet and thoughtful meditation.

Andrea: A consummate artist and a sensitive, intelligent and thought-provoking blogger, Andrea has so many gifts that she amazes me on a regular basis. I am still longing to see one of her shows, and shall do so sometime.

Bibi: Ms. Vicki is a writer, editor, publisher of remarkable talent and I am so happy I discovered her musings a few months ago. If you haven't been there, you should. She also owns a border collie, and that makes her a truly fine human being.

So, there is my fivesome. It was difficult to pare the list down, and if I missed you this time, I'll get you next time.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

Ian, thank you so very much! I am terribly flattered to receive this from you.

You are most deserving of any award that recognizes wonderful qualities of mind and spirit in the same being.

It will be difficult to think of five people I haven't already given awards to, especially since I "know" so many really nice bloggers.

So, see what a nice mess you've gotten me into?

2:40 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

And well deserved, too, Ian. Your blog always shows a humanist viewpoint and your comments in my inbox always provoke a smile!

As for me, I'm not as nice as you think (and %$&# to heartinsanfrancisco for stealing my 'nice mess' line :) and to prove it I'm just too damned lazy to do this meme. I actually kind of gave up on memes awhile ago, with only the occasional exception (when I'm on the 'high' part of my bipolar cycle -- jes' kidding), but I sure love to read them on others' blogs, especially when i benefit, hee hee.

Thanks again, Ian. You're a gem.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Big Brother said...

Ian as my lil sister Jazz pointed out, the logo is too saccharine sweet. So I made another one. It's in this blog
http://lifeinthetwilightzone.blogspot.com/2007/09/jazz-is-right.html

Enjoy

3:12 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Gosh thanks so much Ian...your words are so very kind when you consider all the talent on the internet - some of it is downright genius. I don't do memes or pass along awards but I'll showcase this one for a couple weeks in the sidebar just for you my friend to show my appreciation.
Your writing is excellent and you if anyone deserves this award. Congratulations to you.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Belizegial said...

Ian, how nice! :)

Thanks for sharing your travel memoirs and keep up the good work.

Enid

4:26 PM  
Blogger meggie said...

Congratulations, & well deserved! And congrats to your selection too!

5:03 PM  
Blogger jmb said...

Congratulations Ian, on your "niceness" for which you have received this well deserved reward/award.

I know a couple of your awardees but will check out the others. Janice is a treasure for whom we are all grateful. She starts our day off with serenity.
regards
jmb

6:00 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hooray for you! You are, as they say, very deserving, and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Good for you.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Voyager said...

Of course you deserve the nice award. Oh you try to play the curmudgeon, but we see through you!
V.

10:11 PM  
Blogger heiresschild said...

congratulations ian.

11:07 PM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

You absolutely deserve a "nice" award! :) Congrats to you.

1:38 AM  
Blogger laughingwolf said...

grats to you and the fine folk you chose, ian!

4:00 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

I prefer BB's redesigned Nice award. He did it when I noted that it was just way too frothy pink and hurl inducing...

5:37 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Congrats Ian! :)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Bibi said...

Congratulations to you Ian!! Well deserved for your wisdom, humanity, and honest outlook.

And thank you for acknowledging my musings. I've been spread so thin, I only just got around to checking blog stuff. So that made my day.
;-)

Hope you had a great time in Cannon Beach!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home