Sunday, April 08, 2007

A resurrection of sorts


I intend no blasphemy whatsoever in the title of this piece, other than to suggest that what is is a resurrection than the rebirth of life. I found this pretty little tulip lifting its head out of the prosaic and functional composting box as a perfect metaphor for the time of year.
Spring is about rebirth, much as for Christians, Easter is about rebirth and life and hope springing eternally.
However you view it -- and I don't reveal my spiritual convictions any more than I reveal my politics, mainly because both areas of life are 'my own' -- the primary wonder of nature and this Creation upon which we live, is that it invariably renews each year, and from a bunch of rotting and seemingly dead plant matter comes a vibrant and hopeful blossom just to let us know that with life there is always hope.
May you all have a good Easter, no matter how you celebrate it, and no matter what it means to you.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Voyager said...

Happy Easter to you too. I also have green sprouts of various plants growing out of my composter. You gotta admire them, reaching for the light through our old potatoe peelings and coffe grinds.
V.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Hageltoast said...

happy easter!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Dr Michelle Tempest said...

I hope you have enjoyed Easter. Michelle

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jazz said...

Cool. I want a composter for my birthday.

Does that make me weird?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Janice Thomson said...

Oh how lovely Ian! You never know where a bonny flower may decide to grow. Such a delightful picture. Hope you enjoyed the holiday.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That's a great analogy.

Hope you had a great Easter too.

3:17 PM  
Blogger heartinsanfrancisco said...

I once saw a crocus blooming against all odds out of a granite boulder in Central Park, NYC.

I needed to see it at that particular time as I was feeling hopeless. I took the lesson to heart, and realized that with determination, anything is possible.

Happy Spring to you, too!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home