Monday, January 15, 2007

Get a grip! Sometimes it''s just a cigar.

I stole this puppy from Aliemalie mainly because I felt lazy this morning and it was kind of fun to do a bit of superficial personality profiling. Feel free to indulge yourselves with it. Since it’s already pilfered property, it won’t bother me at all. But, if you are seeking in-depth psychoanalytical stuff here, or lots of symbolism, you are bound to be disappointed. This is just me on Monday morning, January 15th, 2007.

A = Available ~ Nope
B = Best Friend ~ Two of my best friends died prematurely, but they still fall into the ‘best’ category. One lives in Australia, and another across the country in Toronto. See, no fuss, no muss. Otherwise, my wife, Wendy.
C = Cake or pie ~ French petits fours and mousses. It was good I walked a lot when I was in France or I would have ballooned.
D = Drink of choice ~ Good strong coffee, café au lait (preferably in a French sidewalk café, and back when I drank alcohol, Bisquit Cognac, or single malt scotch.
E = Essential item you use everyday ~ Shampoo, and especially Prell if I have it.
F = Favorite color ~ Blue, orange. Orange is my comfort color.
G = Neither, if truth be known. Not much of a candy consumer.
H = Hometown ~ Vancouver originally, and in recent years Comox on Vancouver Island.
I = Indulgences Travel, and especially Kauai, my spiritual home.
J = January or February ~ February. It’s shorter, which means that spring will soon be coming.
K = Kids and Names ~ I’ve always liked Jane for girls, and Michael for boys.
L = Life is incomplete without? ~ Travel (I agree with Alie on this one), but I would also add that love (given and received) is the true frosting.
M = Marriage date ~ Which one?
N = Number of siblings ~ Two younger brothers.
O = Oranges or apples ~ Oranges. Especially mandarins.
P = Phobias or Fears ~ Heights. I cannot even watch film footage of high steel workers. On the other hand, flying doesn’t bother me at all. I guess that’s because one is so detached from the firmament 30,000 feet below.
Q = Favorite Quote ~ “Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song/a medley of extemporanea/love is a thing that can never go wrong/and I am Marie of Romania,” Dorothy Parker.
R = Reason to smile ~ Even though the current cold numbs my soul, the sun is shining, and I took a train trip yesterday. Rail travel always makes me smile.
S = Season ~ Spring. The buds swell and burst into glorious blossom and that makes me believe that life will go on in its glorious cycle and “God’s in his Heaven and all’s right with the world.”
T = Tag 3 or 4 people ~ Zilch.
U = Unknown fact about me ~ I’d like to say my life is an open book. But, parts are closed and I’ll leave them between covers, thank you very much. But, I did kiss Kim Cattral once and she wasn’t at all like Samantha about it. Or, maybe it was something about me? Hmm.
V = Vegetable you don't like ~ Zucchini or parsnips.
W = Worst habit ~ Making a comment to another before thinking the comment through and how it might be construed. This can result in either insulting and offending the person, or enticing them more than I intended.
X = X-rays ~ Mainly dental.
Y = Your favorite food ~ Crunchy Vietnamese spring rolls, roast prime rib and Yorkshire pudding, Swedish meatballs, steak and kidney pie, my own homemade potato salad, French Canadian split pea soup with lots of chunks of ham, Norfolk dumplings, dim sum, etc. etc. etc. etc.
Z = Zodiac Sign ~ Pisces. Good thing I’m on the Aquarius cusp, however, or I’d really have gone to hell with depravity and sloth. But, I do get the advantages of the Piscean sensuality, creativity, sensitivity, and certain psychic instincts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jazz said...

We share a passion for travel, though I haven't done much in recent years.

I might just poach this for a inspiration free day.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jazz said...

But what was G???

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Oh, sorry, it was a question about candy, jujubes or something else I can't remember. My bad.

Ian

2:03 PM  
Blogger AlieMalie said...

gummi bears or gummi worms, that is the question.

now, if you choose bears it shows you want someone to cuddle with, however, if you choose worms, it shows a penchant for, well, hmm, as Freud put it, you must be stuck in the phallic stage of development.

and if you don't choose either, well ... you're just strange. how the hell can you NOT like gummis?

5:38 PM  
Blogger geewits said...

The heights thing/airplanes: You don't have a fear of heights, you have a fear of falling. I also used to think I was afraid of heights, yet had no problem flying. Also, I could stand pressed against a full window on the 40th floor of a building and gaze out for hours, yet get nervous standing on a third floor balconey.
I keep reading "B" over and over because it's freaking me out. I must be reading it wrong.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Ian Lidster said...

Sorry Geewits, B was badly worded. It should have stated "Of my remaining best friends" one lives in Australia and the other in Toronto. Apologies for that gaffe.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home