Tuesday, May 30, 2006

North American solidarity


Oh my, I just love a hint of scandal. I especially like it when I am not a participant in the scandalous behavior, and then I can act all morally superior and not feel even slightly hypocritical.

And, while homegrown scandals are fun in their own right, it's when you get a scandal with potential international complications it really gets inspiring. The couple pictured to the right are, for example, already setting tongues a-wagging on both sides of the border. For Americans who might not be aware of whom the babe on the walkabout with Bill is, please let me enlighten.

Her name is Belinda Stronach. She is the gazillionaire hottie who, for a few brief minutes in the time of the universe was the 'resident hottie' of the Canadian Conservative Party. She, still wet behind her pretty little ears, even made a stab at the leadership of the party. She tanked. She then stamped her pretty little Gucci-shod foot and crossed over to join the Liberal Party, wherein she saw her bright future as resting. The Liberals were very excited. Now the high end (in a few respects) Belinda was their hottie. Alas, the Liberals got smoked at the last federal election, Belinda's decision to switch-hit just might not have served her so well in terms of her political future.

OK -- that's who she is.

And, we all know who Bill Clinton is. We even know a little bit about Bill's former problems with his zipper. The scandal is, however, that Belinda and Bill seem to be great pals. They have been pals for quite a while. If he's in Toronto, he and Belinda, it is reported, step out and break bread together. Just recently Belinda was in New York, and she and Bill linked up yet again.

New York (the state, not the city per se). Isn't that where Hillary does a job of work? Isn't that where Hillary has been honing her political creds? Isn't that where her late-night planning to run for the presidency on behalf of the Democratic Party next go-around is taking place?

Bill's suggested shenanigans with Belinda are taking place pretty close to her turf. Not quite as close as Monica in the White House, but you get the idea. Others have gotten the idea, too. It has become newsworthy, not just in scandal crap like the Daily News, but also the august New York Times has sent a good-sized team to follow the madcap kids around.

Of course, it could all be quite innocent -- of course, Bill said that about Monica for a time there, too -- and it could be we're being quite unfair about it all. I mean, I have female friends with whom I might break bread on occasion, yet it's all innocent. Innocent, I tell you! It might be just the same with Bill and Belinda.

The only thing is, Bill has a birthday coming up. If Belinda goes on stage in a white dress and, in breathless voice, scarcely above a whisper, croons "Happy birthday Mr. former President," then Hillary would be right to be left with a feeling that perhaps she should have worn Depends that night.

11 Comments:

Blogger heiresschild said...

hi ian,

i love coming over here to read your writings. such wit and truth.

sylvia

3:01 PM  
Blogger Leslie: said...

I'm ROTFLOL - great writing.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:37 PM  
Blogger djn said...

Sounds like a case of "coulda, woulda, shoulda"...

Bill's (perhaps) thinking if the stars aligned 'just so' he coulda had a roll in the hay w/ young hottie...

Young hottie wants to be in a public place with him because in the right (private) setting he (perhaps) woulda (offer a proposition)...

Hillary's still thinking (perhaps) she shoulda (divorced his ass)...

12:05 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Interesting. :)

12:59 PM  
Blogger Wendy C. said...

Too funny!
What a cad (Blii, I mean!)

8:22 PM  
Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Oh boy.....guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Caregiver and best wishes parents. Providing for your newborn baby is only one task that new parents must do. So out comes the baby list to make sure you are prepared for your new arrival. We found, A Guide for Successful Parenting.... a safe, wonderful and enjoyable journey into parenting. Please visit.

Regards
Our Newborn

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello friends,I am ALISHA ROSS, This is my testimony on how my ex lover come back to me..i want to say a very big thanks and appreciation to ZUMA ZUK solution home for bringing back my lover who left me for almost 2 year,i feel like my life is completely over, so one day as i was searching on the internet for recommend spell caster who will help me to bring my lover back, Finally i met a writing how so many testimony talking about how ZUMA ZUK help to restore relationship back,so i decided to give it a try so i contacted the spell caster called ZUMA ZUK and explain my problems to him,and he cast spell love spell luckily within 24 hours my lover really called me and started apologizing for all he had caused me.and be begging me to accept him back and will are living together and happily married, I am the happiest woman on earth today because ZUMA ZUK has done a wonderful deeds in my life and i will continue to share this testimony, i pray God almighty give you the strength and wisdom to help more people having similar problem like mine, contact him. Email spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com Call or Whats App +15068001647

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home