Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sorry, no whiskers on kittens or crisp apple strudel

A Few of My Favorite Things
(In absolutely no order)


Since I exposed (so to speak) my negatives the other day, I thought it was time to accentuate the positive. Take note, Wendy C.

1. The serene feeling that comes from knowing I've done a job well, and have been praised to the skies for my brilliance, wit and Insights.

2. Early spring

3. Plumeria (frangipani) blossoms and their fragrance

4. Friday afternoons

5. The view of the Hanalei Valley on Kauai from the lookout at Princeville. (see picture; I painted that, I did, I did)

6. The Comox Glacier from our front window

7. Visible panty lines

8. Memories of my wonderful Border Collie cross, Murphy

9. Memories of good times with my ex and stepdaughter but (shudder) not the bad ones.

10. Arriving at a destination at the beginning of a month-long stay somewhere wonderful.

11. My T-bar roof and the car under it on a sunny, warm day

12. Bedtime (however you want to construe that).

13. Grocery shopping in a different community (or country)

14. The fragrance of the ocean at the Courtenay River estuary at high tide on an early summer evening.

15. Seeing an article (avec my byline) on a printed page

16. Having written

17. A good book, and time to read it.

18. The turquoise of the tropical Pacific, and the fish therein

19. Post coital bliss

20. Memories of my grandparents' house

21. Coconut palms

22. Watching dawn come up over the sea in Hawaii

23. Having finally been south of the Equator

24. Having lived in England

25. Having traveled in Europe

26. Having made love to some enticing and interesting females, with no bad memories about the encounters.

27. Having flown on at least two dozen different airlines in my life, and not ever having found one that surpasses sorely missed and lamented Wardair.

28. The laughter of children at play.

29. Never-ever having to write a final exam again in my life.

30. Being twice divorced and maybe finally having got a handle on this relationship thing. Or maybe not. But, today it seems to be working.


4 Comments:

Blogger Tai said...

What a great painting!
I love original art works...multi-talented you are!

10:31 AM  
Blogger fjl said...

You sound very much at peace, and as if you've drawn the maximum from experience.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Oh, no whiskers on kittens?? Darn it.

Your list has reminded me of some things I left off my list...thank you!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Wendy C. said...

I love it!
Wonderful!
I feel better just reading that list - imagine how good you must feel living it!
Lovely painting!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home