Sunday, April 02, 2006

Love you all, but these things I loathe

Generally I am a pretty easy-going chap, not given to anger and bitterness. I am kind to animals, and I love the sound of the laughter of small children. But sometimes, just sometimes, the world around me can get me down just a tiny bit, and then I have to turn to my darker, more depressive side and itemize those elements of the planet and (mainly) my fellow inhabitants that, well, not to put too fine a point on it, simply piss me off. Feel free to share with me those things that hit you in a similar manner.

1. Bigotry in all forms. Of course, I will excuse my own biases as being well-founded.

2. Dishonesty at virtually any and all levels, except when one's wife or significant other asks whether a certain garment makes her look fat.

3. Sexually teasing women, but certainly not sexually straightforward women. Sexual honesty is a trait that must be cherished.

4. Vulgarity

5. Malicious gossip, unless the recipient really deserves it

6. Moodiness -- I hate mercurial and unpredictable personalities.

7. Abusiveness, physical, mental, or emotional

8. Violence and/or rage

9. Drunkenness

10. Ingratitude and disloyalty

11. Whining

12. Pretentiousness

13 Arrogance

14. Two-facedness

15 Self-seeking at the expense of others

16. Politics and most politicians

17. Blind ambition

18. Self-importance

19. Unquestioning loyalty to an institution, thing or person

20. Blind nationalism

21. Fanatical embrace of any cause

22. Mocking of those who cannot defend themselves

23. Ridicule of beliefs others might cherish

24. False friendship

25. Advantage taking

26. Attitude

27. Uncleanness

28. Cruelty

29. Ignorance (Oh, this above all. As the spirit said to Scrooge: "This boy is ignorance, this girl is want. Beware them both, but most of all, beware this boy."

30. Humorlessness

31. Idolatry

32. Shallowness

33. Loudness

34. Nagging

35. Unwillingness to change

36. And, worst of all, paunchy, middle-aged European men in teeny Speed-o bathing suits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Oh wow...this is so weird. I just posted a list of things I like/love just to remind myself of the good things in life. :)

1:54 PM  
Blogger Wendy C. said...

Interesting list...good food for thought.
Now - I hope we also get to see a list of things that you adore :-)

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home