I took this from Tanya
. I took this mainly because it is Monday morning and I feel uninspired due to the fact I have to make a ‘presentation’ to the community this evening and even if it is just pro forma
, I’m not really looking forward to it.
This is actually a Meme, but I’m not going to tag anybody at the top end. For the second item, however, I will make a couple of connections, so be forewarned. Anyway, this meme is pretty easy and kind of fun.1. Where is your cell phone?
In my car’s glove compartment. I hate the intercoursing things and only keep it for highway emergencies, or to talk to my wife if she’s working out of town. I not only hate the dinky and awkward little items, I hate the culture they’ve spawned. Luddites Rule!
2. Your significant other? Finest wife I’ve ever had.
3. Your hair? Was brown, now a charming and beautiful light brown highlighted by Cary Grantish greying at the temples effect. At least I like to think so.
4. Your mother? Six feet under, when last I checked.
5. Your father? Likewise. But, I miss him more than Mom.
6. Your favorite thing? In all the world? How about second favorite thing? Lying on Kealia Beach on Kauai and wondering if I could force myself to go back into the water. Yeah, I could. Third favorite would be sitting in a sidewalk café in Annecy, France consuming a bathtub sized café au lait.
7. Your dream last night? I only remember that I was driving somewhere in a right-hand-drive car.
8. Your favorite drink? Coffee.
9. Your dream/goal? To have the freedom and resources to travel a bit more. Also, to finally quit smoking ‘completely’. Down to 7 a day with no impulse to make it more, but to keep knocking it down one at a time. Hey, the process is actually working.
10. The room you're in? Home office, which is in the midst of being painted.
11. Your fear? The economy.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? A published author, still happily married to my current wife, and in good health.
13. Where were you last night? At home watching Doc Martin and New Tricks.
14. What you're not? Bigoted. Well, sorry, I have a low tolerance for assholes of any race, color or creed.
15. Muffins? Blueberry or cornmeal.
16. One of your wish list items? Nothing much at all. Would like a Mac laptop at some point. Had an old one. It gave up. Am coping with a PC that is OK.
17. Where you grew up? Burnaby, British Columbia. A bedroom suburb of Vancouver and about as stimulating was most BR suburbs.
18. The last thing you did? As morning coffee has transpired, went for a pee.
19. What are you wearing? Old jeans and a white Kauai sweatshirt.
20. Your TV? A 10-year-old 19-inch Hitachi. It’s uninspiring, but it works fine so I don’t plan to replace it. We also have a 12-year-old 19-inch Quasar in the bedroom. It works fine, too.
21. Your pet? Very, very old but charming and gentle cat, Griffin. Still breathing when last I looked.
22. Your computer? Acer laptop. Works fine.
23. Your life? Pretty much what I would want it to be, so that ain’t bad, now is it?
24. Your mood? OK. I mean, it is Monday, but it was a decent weekend.
25. Missing someone? I’m always missing someone. It’s in my nature.
26. Your car? Nissan NX2000. I love it.
27. Something you're not wearing? A merry widow bustier..
28. Favorite Store? Fortnum and Mason in London. Otherwise, good old Wal-Mart. Good stuff at low prices.
29. Your summer? Uninvolved if possible. That, and sunny..
30. Your favorite color? That really depends on my mood. Sometimes blue, other times various shades of green.
31. When is the last time you laughed? With the lovely middle-aged barristas at my favorite coffee joint this morning.
32. Last time you cried? Can't recall. I misted at Obama’s acceptance speech.
My lovely, learned, and erudite friend cs has given me an award – a Superior Scribbler
award. I am honoured to get this accolade from a person
I never miss when I go through my blogroll. If you haven’t visited her blog, A little off kilter
, then please do so and be assured she is never really off kilter at all, but usually spot-on kilter.
I don’t know if I am a superior scribbler. My process is quite simple. I merely get the germ of an idea and just dive into it and watch how it comes out. Sort of like my approach to life.
I don’t have to pass this on, but I am going to anyhow. All of my blogroll friends are superior scribblers but this time I am going to single out glorious ex-pat Daisy
, always thoughtful Merely Me
, eclectic soul-sister Jazz
, and fascinatingly diverse and sometimes naughty, Leesa.
Labels: Meme time plus award; not so bad